Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Welcome to the world of Peace

Today I am writing something different which is not at all related to this Blog’s main purpose. Sorry subu, but I can’t resist myself writing this down.

“Sare Jaha se acha Hindustan hamara”, If you like to visit God’s beach then go to Ganapatipule & Ratnagiri of Maharastra. Last weekend was little longer (Thanks to Gudipadwa) and I got an opportunity to visit Ganapatipule.

Ganapatipule is something close to 320Kms away from Navi Mumbai. The place is famous for Ganapati Ji’s temple which is around 500 years old. But main attraction for us was the Beach. The beaches in Ganapatipule & Ratnagiri are one of the best I have ever seen. (I have been to many in Bay of Bengal, though yet to explore Goa). The blue Ocean, clean beach and flat level of sea tide will tempt you for bathing again & again. The best scenery is while going from Ganapatipule to Ratnagiri, the sea surrounded one side by hills, travelling in zigzag fashion will make you feel that you are driving in South Africa. The nearby Raigad Fort(30 kms from Ganapatipule) built by Sivaji Maharaj is another place to visit. The fort is surrounded three sides by sea water & visual from top of fort to sea is amazing. Another place to visit is Maleswar( approx 40 kms from Ganapatipule). Its Shivaji’s temple situated at the top of the mountain. For temple you have to climb around 1000 steps. The best part is the Waterfall which is behind the temple. For the waterfall you have to put extra effort but it is worth. In summer having bath in waterfall is like heaven.

While talking about the journey I can’t skip the food part. The fish from Ratnagiri area is really amazing. I can’t forget in my life the taste of Surmaiee from Ratnagiri (Pamplet & Bagda are equally testy). The MTDC hotel is good and best part is all the rooms are sea facing. The hotel is located at beach only, so you can swim in sea throughout the day.

 

FOR FRIENDS (Others can skip it)

It will be incomplete if I will not say anything about my co-passengers in the journey.  These guys (Avinash,Ashis & Nitin) made each moment of the trip enjoyable. Thanks to Avinash I enjoyed a fantastic travelling experience in hilly area after a long gap (excellent driver in his own car). Ashish made sure I will taste all fish items. He is also in charge of our photo session department and last but not the least Nitin for his never ending talks. Guys you all made my weekend.  Big thanks to you all. Hope to explore new places with you soon.

2 comments:

  1. The place is enticing. I wanted more description on this. Which is the peak season for this place and which is the off season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer i.e April & May are the best time to visit. U will really enjoy cool sea bathing there..There are 3/4 nearby places which u should visit while going there...

    ReplyDelete